New Design | Burning Cereal
Project Description: Burning Cereal Logo Design
• Create Brand Logo for Online Cooking Show
Creating the Brand Logo:
After speaking with my clients I had solid direction to get this logo design delivered. Sometimes the design flows effortlessly, this is one of those logos. I really love doing the back lit, fiery designs with the black backgrounds and the glowing text. This reminds me of an extremely hot electric stove burner that is about to char some breakfast cereal.
Like most designs I create the text in Adobe Illustrator after which I import it into Adobe Photoshop. Creating the rich lighting effects is more effective in Photoshop.
A favorite technique: How to create glowing text in Photoshop:
1. Start by creating some black text, rasterize the type by right clicking the text layer in the layer menu.
2. Using the Magic Wand Selection tool select the anything but the text. Now right click and select “similar” this will select all of the blank space. Right click again and choose “select inverse” this will flip the selection to the text not the background.
3. Create a new layer. Choose a nice bright red or blue in the color menu In the edit menu select fill, again in the edit menu select stroke. Give your stroke 3-5 pixels on the outside. With the text still selected add another layer and repeat the stroke process with the bright color. Now deselect and drag both layers underneath the first text layer.
4. Create a new layer. In the select menu “select all”. Select black on your color menu and in the edit menu select “fill”. Now drag this layer to the bottom of the layer pallet.
5. In the Select menu choose “Deselect”, this will clear the selection. In the layer menu select the bright colored text layer. Now up at the top in the filter menu drop down to “blur” and select “Gaussian Blur”. Depending on the size of your document you will need to adjust the blur amount between 5-20 depending on how fuzzy the blur is.
Voila one hot text. Good luck! Feel free to ask questions.
Check out all of the online episodes of the Burning Cereal Cooking Show
[contact-form-7 id=”3708″ title=”Blog Contact”]
Comments and moderated for content.